Sunday, April 11, 2010

3 months of McCaleb fun!




Here are the kids on Easter with their candy. I wanted to make them Easter outfits, but with 5 kids I didn't think it was very realistic so I settled on making some accessories (boys ties, Savannah's jacket, and hair fabric flowers.) It was so much easier and just as fun!


We had a family party for Emily's 8th birthday. The poor girls was sick on her birthday and didn't even get to go to school. She did get to bring in her cupcakes the next day though. She gets to be baptized on April 24th and she will have a lot of people there to support her for that!


Here is Connor at 5 months old. He always has his two fingers in his mouth. (yes it's a purple bumbo. That's what happens when you are number five and your parents are too cheap to replace something just because it's a girl color ha ha!)






The Friday before Easter we took the kids down to the Phoenix Zoo. They got to pet some sting rays and go on a camel ride. I had the "priviledge" of accompanying Savannah on her ride since Jason had taken his turn on the carousel! We had a great time and that night we went and saw the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple. It was really special since some of my kids are old enough now to actually understand what was being talked about. Emily especially thought it was neat since she will be baptized this month.


On April Fools I made the family some chicken "not" pies for dinner. They looked like chicken pot pies but inside there was vanilla pudding and candies shaped like veggies. They were sure surprised that mom let them have dessert for dinner!

Brianna got first place for her class at the Science Fair this year! Her project was to see if playing music would help plants grow. Great job Brianna!

The kids were playing with the horses I made for Dallin's cowboy themed birthday party. I had forgotten to take a picture at the party so I figured I would take one for memories sake


Valentine's Day marked Connor being 4 months old!




We had some fun on Valentine's day. I did a different heart hairdo on each of the girls and successfully made 72 pink heart shaped rice krispy treats for three different class parties. Not to mention filling out 72 valentine's cards complete with candy treat. Good thing the kids can sign their own names!

Here is Dallin receiving an award at school for the character trait of being honest.

8 comments:

The Bennions said...

Kara you are such a good mom! The kids Easter ties and Savannah's jacket were adorable (not to mention how adorable everyone looked in their Easter outfits)! I don't know if I would have had the patience to create that many types of "heart hair" for Valentines Day!! The chicken"not" pies sounded so fun for kids especially! Keep up the great job you and Jason are doing with your family! Connor has grown!! It was fun to see him looking a little older. I know Sophie is fond of her fingers in her mouth too! Must be that 4 month old thing! Keep up the good job you and Jason are doing with your sweet family. Thanks for letting us get a glimpse of what you've all been up to! Tell Brianna way to go for her Science Project!! She did a great job! Reminded us of you guys doing Science Fair projects! I also couldn't think of a better honor for Dallin than to get the "Honest" award--we are so proud of him! Can't wait to come for Emily's baptism! We're counting the days! Love you tons, mom

Kenna said...

Kara I'm so impressed with all your skills! The outfits the stick horses, the april fools pies ect. ect.! Connor looks like a little man in his Easter clothes:) Brianna's science fair picture really did bring back memories of the elementary days, and 1st place way to go!!! That's really to bad that Emily was sick on her b-day:( Wish SO bad we could come to her baptism. And I love that sweet Dallin got the "Honest" award! I loved seeing all your pictures, thanks for sharing! Hopefully I can get on top of it and update our blog!!! Love you guys!:)

Derrik and Claire said...

Mom and Kenna pretty much said it all! You have the best family, they are all so good and cute. I love the girls hair that you did on Valentines Day. Happy Birthday to Emily, way to go Brianna on her project, to Dallin for being honest, and for Savannah and Connor for being so darn cute!! Love you guys!

Jenny & Tanner said...

Man! Your kids are cute and you guys sure have a lot of fun at your house with all the cute hair-do's and science projects and smiling adorable babies. Happy Birthday to Emily and for her upcoming baptism. That will be so neat! I wish we could come. Way to go Brianna on the science fair and Dallin's sweet honesty award. Glad you guys are doing great!!

Peggy Merrell said...

Wow, Kara! You are one busy mom! From fancy heart-shaped braids to Easter outfits, to science projects...you are wonder woman for sure! The Easter dresses are so darling! Loved the boys' ties! You have about 2 more years of getting away with dressing everyone alike, so I hope you're savoring this time of life. Pretty soon Brianna is going to decide she's too cool and too grown up, and then Emily will follow. It's just the law of nature I tell ya. They are all so darling! Would love to see you!

Natalee said...

Oh Kara! How cute are you?? You make being a mom all sound so easy and being a kid sound like so much fun at your house!

I'm so impressed with all your skills! One of these days I'm gonna have to have you teach me a few things!

Your kids are all so cute and all so grown up! It makes me sad that we are all so dang far apart and that we hardly ever see eachother anymore. I guess thank goodness for blogs huh? :)

krista said...

Oh man Kara, I really wish we lived closer so you could teach me everything!! Where did you learn how to do those hairdo's? Not that Halle would have enough hair to accomplish that, but it seems like Kenna said that you knew of a website that showed you cool hair stuff? I loved your entire post from science fair projects to honesty awards, all of it! You are so amazing!! Sophie is crying and I want to write more but I better go so Chase can keep studying. I miss all of you so much!!! love ya:)

krista said...

Oh man Kara, I really wish we lived closer so you could teach me everything!! Where did you learn how to do those hairdo's? Not that Halle would have enough hair to accomplish that, but it seems like Kenna said that you knew of a website that showed you cool hair stuff? I loved your entire post from science fair projects to honesty awards, all of it! You are so amazing!! Sophie is crying and I want to write more but I better go so Chase can keep studying. I miss all of you so much!!! love ya:)