Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Babies, Birthdays, and Baptisms!

Brianna turned 10 on Sunday, May 30th. She got some fun clothes from American girl and a lot of hot pink girly stuff since that is now her favorite color! I tried my hand at a fondant cake for the first time and had so much fun with it.


Connor at 7 months. He has really grown. The past few months he has really struggled to gain weight, in fact at his 6 month check up he had lost weight and weighed the same as he did at 2 months. After many doctors appointments, special diets, and a lot of prayers he seems to be thriving and getting very chubby!

Safford Arizona is a few hours from where we live so we decided to drive over to see the Gila Valley temple open house. The kids all expressed special feelings afterwards and I think it was a great experience for them. They had the dedication broadcast to the church buildings in Arizona so the older girls got to experience that also.


Emily was baptized on April 24th. Grandma Bennion spoke at her baptism and it was a very special day. All of her grandparents and a few cousins came to see her. She looked very pretty in her new white dress. We are very proud of what a good girl she is.




I have been trying to take a picture of Connor every month so here he is at 6 months.

4 comments:

krista said...

That cake is so awesome! We had a RS activity not long ago where they gave us a fondant recipe and kind of showed us how to do it a little bit, did you make the fondant? I'll have to get the details from you about the cake, it seriously is so cute and so age appropriate for cute Brianna! Emily looked so adoreable in her baptism dress, what a sweetheart. I'm glad that mom and dad were able to be there for it. And I might add that you looked especially cute in your fam picture for emily's baptism! I'm glad that you all got to go to the temple as well, what a pretty temple. Did you find hankercheifs, or did you whoop out some paper towels? ha ha (that was probably a little blasphemous, is that a word, Tanner do you know if that is a word?:) It's getting late, love ya!

Kenna said...

Kara, Awesome Cake!!! It is SO cute!! It looks professional! I bet Brianna Loved it! I can't believe how old she is getting. Emily looked so sweet in her baptism dress. I wish we could have come, but I'm so glad that Mom and Dad were there. BTW you are looking SO good! I Love, love, love your darling outfit! Isn't taking your kids to a temple open house so neat? I bet is was especially so for your older girls. I'm glad to hear that Connor is doing well, he sure looks cute. He is looking a lot like Emily to me. Well thanks for the update, I sure loving seeing what you guys up to!
Love ya!

Natalee said...

That is your FIRST fondant cake?? Good grief! How did all the Doug Bennion girls get so much dang domestic talent? :)

Congratulations on the baptisim! What a fun day! Your kids are all getting so big! I can't believe your oldest is old enough to even BE baptised! Crazy!!

MegRich said...

Kara- great job on the cake! It looks so good! You're family is so beautiful. I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting. 10 years old? I still remember when you guys would come over to my parents' house when Briana was just a little toddler and would run back and forth giving hugs to everyone. What a friendly gal!