Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First day of school and last days of summer!

Here are our first day of school pictures. I teared up when I took the group shot as I realized they are all still little but they won't all be little for long. Brianna is in 5th grade, Emily is in 3rd, Dallin is in Kindergarten and it is totally killing Savannah that she is not in school yet!





Right before school started we got to go to Montana and spend some time with the Bennions. We had so much fun. We went to a waterpark where Grandma B. took the kids down the slide. Notice my action shot! We also got to celebrate Brynlee's 4th birthday. What a fun hula party!




Kids are amazingly creative. I think all my kids need is paper, scissors, crayons, and tape and they could entertain themselves for hours. This is great for me, but a little frustrating when I need to wrap a present and there is never tape around! Still worth it though! Here is what they came up with one day. It was too funny to not take a picture. If you can't tell they all have on paper mustaches.


The girls got to go to a pioneer activity day at church. They had a great time but before they left of course I heard the dreaded words every mom hates to hear "Well, I'm going to need a costume!" Oh man, let's rummage through the dress up box. It's amazing what you can come up with when you really need something fast!

5 comments:

Joel and Lisa Wagenman said...

ha,ha! I am cracking up at your kids paper mustaches! That sounds like something my girls would do! That was fun to see you guys at the mall - glad we ran into you! Call me the next time you are "in town" so we can get together and let the kids play :)

Kenna said...

Oh man Kara, I feel like we just got a taste seeing you guys for such a short time and now I miss everyone so much! Everyone looks so cute on the first day of school...no doubt the cutest, trendiest (is that a word) kids in Show Low!! When I saw Dallin I had one of those flash forward moments and I could just picture him as a teenager! Love you guys and way to go getting an update in with your busy schedule...go reward yourself with some Melba Toast!!!:)

The Bennions said...

Talk about a red letter day! It was so great to see the kids first day of schhool--we've been thinking of them all and hoping they all had a great day! Kara and Jason you should be so proud of your sweet family! I know it sounds like a grandma but I just love them all so much! We miss seeing the kids sitting around the counter eating and their presence is missed. I'm really hoping you'll all come back real soon! I agree with Kenna,,, it kinda makes you fast forward to a few years from now. Brianna, Emily, and Savannah are such beautiful girls and keep a rope on Dallin 'cuz he's about the most handsome boy around (Connor too!!) Love you, mom

krista said...

I love their first day of school attire, they all look so darling! I just had to laugh when I noticed Em wearing the pink tutu skirt, I remember you saying that they were both hoping it was theres! If I were a little younger I would have wished it was mine too:) I loved the update, the kids mustaches were so funny! We really miss you guys so much. I know it's weird but I think after this last trip is the most I've been homesick for everyone since we moved out here...the longer and farther away we are the more and more we wished we were close! We love you guys, tell the kids hi from their cousinsa in OH!!!love ya

Derrik and Claire said...

Kara, do you want to dress me for my first day of school? I feel you have a real knack for picking out super cute and stylish outfits!! It does help that your kids are adorable in anything!!! Mustaches, hilarious! That was so cute! We miss you guys, and hope it is not too long before we get to see you again! Love you all!!