Sunday, October 17, 2010

Catching up!

Happy Birthday Baby Boy! Our little Connor boy turned 1 on October 14th. We were going to do the traditional let him have at the cake while sitting in his high chair with his shirt off. However, I sat him too close to the cake while trying to get a cute picture and he just took those clown heads right off! I thought oh well go for it! So, I think the pictures speak for themselves! We sure love you Connor. You have brought such joy to our family and I hope you will always stay so sweet! At one year old you love to smile, play patty cake (you like to say tat a cay tat a cay!) and cuddle. We love you!









Here is our cute boy Connor getting his first haircut when he was 11 months old. We had a hard time getting him to smile for the camera though!




I had my birthday in September. Somehow we ended up with a lot of video and no pictures. Anyway, after many years of trial and error Jason has figured out I like Dairy Queen ice cream cakes and to be taken out to dinner. Thanks honey!



We went on a fun camping trip over Labor Day with some friends. We had a really great time. This first picture is of the kids standing in front of the foundation of a cabin that was in Jason's family for generations.









Jason and I celebrated 11 years of marriage on August 20th. Jason planned a fun trip to Greer, which is a beautiful town just outside of Show Low. Anyway, we enjoyed an evening without the kids and had fun staying at the Tin Star Inn. The next day we went horseback riding and enjoyed a nice lunch. It was just enough time to reconnect with each other before I really started missing the kids!



Jason had his birthday in August. We are getting old enough that it is no longer fun to say what birthday it is haha! Anyway, we had a little party for him and I made him a campfire cake.





Here is Connor at 10 months!

5 comments:

Kenna said...

I really is birthday season at your house isn't it!? I loved Jason's cake and I'm with you on the DQ cake! Such cute pictures. Connor looks so much like Emily. I can't believe he is 1! Your camping trip looked like a lot of fun as well as you little get away! Now you need to post some pictures of the new house! Love you guys!

The Bennions said...

Loved the update Kara! Connor's first hair cut was priceless! Can't believe it's been a year already! I'm so glad you and Jason were able to have a good time. Looks like your kids had a great time camping too! We miss you all so much and can't wait to see pictures of the new place!! Love you all!

Derrik and Claire said...

Cute pictures, way to go on even making Jason a creative themed cake! I always have been partial to the DQ! I second wanting to see pictures of your new house! I forgot to ask how the move was on the phone the other day! Love you!

Jenny & Tanner said...

Connor is so big and so cute! Happy Birthday to him!! You guys look like you're having so much fun down there in AZ.

krista said...

Happy birthday to little Connor! What a cute little clown cake and hat! We need to get Connor and Sophie together to scoot around on their little toys from Gma! I'm so glad you were able to do a little overnighter, it's amazing how even 1 night away can be so rejuvinating! We miss you all so much and hope that everything is going great in the new house, can't wait to see some pictures of the new place:) love ya!!