Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas 2010!

Well, I think these pictures can tell their own story! It was a typical Christmas morning where excitement and wrapping paper were literally everywhere. I forgot to take a before picture where everything was in neat pretty piles, but you can see the afterwards!







Christmas Eve anticipation! The kids were so excited for Santa to come! We spent Christmas Eve at our own home and did the traditional reading of Luke 2 and a special dinner.



Savannah loved to talk to Santa at the ward Christmas party.




Here are the kids at Grandma and Grandma McCaleb's house. After opening up presents on Christmas morning we headed down to Tucson for a few days of fun with family.



Emily got to sing some pretty fun songs at the 3rd grade Christmas program!



Brianna started playing the flute this year. Here she is at her first band concert! She also got to sing with a group of five girls in front of the school during the singing portion of the 5th grade Christmas program. I think I must have gotten that on video and forgotten to take a still shot. oops.



Here is Dallin at his Kindergarten Christmas program. They were so cute!



The kids had fun decorating gingerbread cookies

3 comments:

The Bennions said...

Oh that was sure fun to see your Christmas update! I am so glad to see some good memories being made! As much as we have (and will have)loved having you all home at Christmas, it always warms my heart to see you all making traditions of your own with your families. Kills us not to be closer to see our sweet grandchildrens performances! They were all darling! And may I say there's nothing better than a good snugglie for the winter!! So cute! Wow Connor looked really grown up--completely different! He and Savannah are both looking older. Love you all, mom

Kenna said...

Kara, way to update! You've inspired me...well maybe...we'll see if I get mine updated! Your birthday cakes were sure amazing! Mom told me about your Christmas present and I have wanted to ask you about it. Thanksgiving and Christmas sure looked like a lot of fun! I loved everyones Snuggies:) I agree with Mom, all of your kids are getting so big but Savannah and Conner look like different kids! I can't believe Brianna is playing the flute. It felt like one of those "full circle moments" Oprah or someone talks about, seeing Brianna ready to play at her concert. She looked like any one of us sitting there is the Sandstone "Gymateria". We miss you guys so much, thanks for keeping us updated! You need to post some pictures of your house, I keep trying to look in the background of all your pictures to see what its like:) Love ya, Kenna

Carolyn said...

Kara,
So fun to catch up with you and your family. I can't believe all the things we have in common after all these years of not seeing you guys. We have 5 kids now too, the kids got a Wii and snuggies for Christmas, and Becca is playing the flute now too. We would love to see you sometime. If you want to check out our family, here is our blog: eldredgeseven.blogspot.com
Love,
Carolyn